Monday, September 15, 2014

An infertility ass kicking warrior.

Is there something wrong these days with women and enjoying pregnancy?
Being pregnant is a true miracle.

Maybe it's because I have battle wounds from fighting infertility and coping with loss. But I appreciate every second of being pregnant and every sigh of relief at every appointment when you hear the words "The baby is looking good!" 

For someone to have such negative comments after I post something positive about my pregnancy is hard to understand. (And yet they say they know exactly what I am going through…but have NEVER experienced infertility/loss) But it also seems to be hard for them to get where I am coming from. Hearing someone say once you hit a certain period of pregnancy, you will want that baby out or stating how miserable pregnancy is….do they not realize that there are thousands of women that wish they could get pregnant?! One thing they are right about…every pregnancy is different. So before you try to freak me out about your pregnancy and how awful it is therefore I shouldn't be positive, remember what you said….every pregnancy is different. I just happen to enjoy and appreciate mine.

This is not to say that I won't be exhausted or anything like that but I think pregnancy is a blessing. It took us five years and a loss to get to this point. I try hard to remain positive when the back of my mind, I fear of hearing those words again…that our baby is gone. To feel little flutters, kicks, any sort of movement is a blessing. To get sick, lightheaded, dizzy….all worth it. I want my baby to "bake" as long as it needs to make sure it is healthy. You're lucky you don't know what infertility/loss is like. Just because you gave birth, doesn't mean you're an expert on how it'll work for me.




So please, the next time you're trying to argue with me about my positive news, think again who you are talking to. 

An infertility ass kicking warrior. 


"Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle." -Erma Bombeck

**This blog is not directed at anyone is particular but if you feel that way, this is my personal blog to get my feelings out for others to hopefully, maybe see why I like to be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment